Salade de kale et de quinoaJuly 6, 2014
Les burgers de Dominique DupuisJuly 12, 2014
As you may know, I have the good fortune to be the spokesman of Resto Végo in Montreal. One branch is located on St-Denis in the Quartier Latin and the other in the heart of our beautiful downtown, on McGill College.
For summer you will find your favorite classic dishes but also some new seasonal innovations prepared by renowned chefs.
Today I’d like to suggest a recipe from my second book 4 saisons dans mes chaudrons ; My mushroom burger
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Vegetarian (includes eggs and cheese)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 finely chopped French shallots
- 1½ cups minced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. steak spice
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and boite de haricots rouges, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup of fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. parmesan
- Sauté the shallots and mushrooms in the oil until the latter have released their liquid.
- Season with the steak spice and reserve.
- Mash the kidney beans with a fork.
- Stir in the egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, shallots and mushrooms and mix well.
- Divide into 4 patties and cook on the grill or in a pan for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Garnish to your taste!
At Végo you will find other kinds of burgers, each one better than the others!